Sunday, 11 March 2012

City Of The Fallen - Seraphim

I'm not religious but I have always had a soft spot for the word "Seraphim". I mean it's so archaic, esoteric, cabalistic, and all the other words that have -ics and can be used as a word other than "cool".

Now correct me if I'm wrong, I read on a forum thread one time that Seraphim are the holiest of angels and even simply looking at one will cause you to go blind. When I read that I wasn't surprised because they are apparently they're caretakers of God's throne and continuously shout praises: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts. All the earth is filled with His Glory."

That's what made them so appealing to me I guess, the utter feeling of knowing something that others can't - all part of human nature I suppose.

On a related note, Cherubs aren't those little babies with wings on them they're called Putti and are non Judeo-Christian. They are something much more...

12 comments:

  1. Epic. And yes, that is a cool word. I want to use it in a conversation for epicnes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you understood or even read the post.

      Delete
  2. I think most angels are cool and a little bad ass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that, I just hope they don't turn on us :P

      *brofist*

      Delete
  3. That painting looks like he could tear apart a few demons. I saw that film about angels coming to earth starring Dennis Qaid, pretty rubbish. The best angel film i saw was 'Propehcy'starring Chrisopher Walken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it builds up and up to nothing, it reaches a high point that it never really gets to
    not bad but a little annoying, like the song wasn't complete

    ReplyDelete
  5. thought you might like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBH6MxmYRg0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very knowledge of the hierarchy of the heavenly hosts is something that is sought out by the religious fervent. However, I find the existence of angels to be strangely captivating as well. If the biblical details are indeed true, how beautiful they must be! You've got a very nice blog going on here, my good sir. Come visit mine as often if you please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...