Monday, 5 March 2012

Hans Zimmer - Chevaliers De Sangreal - The DaVinci Code

I just watched "The DaVinci Code" again for the heck of it and got to the ending part where Robert (Tom Hanks) nips himself on his chin and the blood moves in the drain. From there I did not realise that there was such a piece as beautiful as this that was playing, I was just focusing on Robert the whole time.

I know, I can be passive sometimes.

But this, THIS composition I did not know until now was/is the work of Hans Zimmer. I haven't listened to a lot of his other ones except for Inception, The Dark Knight and such but this one definitely takes the cake.

Need I say more? The man is a (musical) god among men.

I'm still listening to this now as I type and I feel like discovering something or just taking in the humanity of this piece. It's so emotional, so epic, so much making you want to see the earth for what it contains. Enough of all the bullshit and rage that the people of the world are doing to each other, we should just listen.

Dunno, what do you make of it?

14 comments:

  1. more awesomeness
    even though I didn't quite like the movie I'll admit the soundtrack was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. never made it through that movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?! I find that racist.

      Nah just kidding, I find that incredibly racist!

      Just kidding - you know where I'm going with this right?.

      Delete
  3. Have to watch the movie some time these days again :)
    I once heard the audiobook while working and it was pretty neat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zimmer is a genius. Is he going to be responsible for the music in 'The Dark Knight Rises' too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn I hope so, 1 Oscar does not do that man's work justice.

      Delete
  5. awesome, following and that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hans Zimmer's work, it's amazing that he can't even read sheet music!

    http://teganwilson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw the movie, kept meaning to, never heard zimmermans score, but i think he did the Jaws music?.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hans Zimmer as always at his best! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...