Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Music Playlist For Things Mediocre - Running

If you've read the about page then you most certainly know how trailer music can have such an impact on us and our body. So I've started to compile list upon lists of trailer music that feel just right for the things that we do in our daily lives. Take running for instance...

Don't worry, he's been friendzoned. Don't tell him I said that though.

I've found that when I run (or jog), I'm more inclined to listen to music that is lengthy and all-encompassing. Because let's face it, we don't want to be breaking our concentration when we focus on a specific action especially when running. Otherwise at that moment the track ends, we lose the "tunnel vision" that we get from focusing, all because the track ended and changed to another one. Sound familiar? I hope so, I don't want to be the only guy thinking this - that would be very awkward.

What I did is compiled a list of 10 compositions that you can add to your running playlist for that specific reason - continuity. It's a pain in the ass if things never go as smooth as they should, so I've arranged them in a way that it works like a story somehow.

Intro --> Conflict --> Resolution --> End

You don't want to be motivated straight away, otherwise that just ruins the beginning of the run.

     1. E.S. Posthumus - Harappa [for warm-up]
     2. E.S. Posthumus - Oraanu Pi
     3. Two Steps From Hell - Armored Cars
     4. Two Steps From Hell - Run Like Hell
     5. Immediate Music - Prometheus Rising
     6. E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable
     7. Two Steps From Hell - Heart of Courage (No Choir)
     8. Two Steps From Hell - Atlantis
     9. Immediate Music - For Which We Stand
   10. E.S. Posthumus - Caarano

There's no harm if you switch the music around or whether you want to place other songs in between them.

Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. For such purposes classical music is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried running with classical music. I'm rather a fan of simple rock while running, with more-or-less stable, not complicated beat, something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JxoUo43Zg8 is perfect for the first minutes of warmup. Jogging with your playlist would bring something new to my routine, I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well built playlist in there

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice play list... when I run I always leave my 'power' tracks for the last third, when it gets hard

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U3EpWUHZXI
    may fit on the list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could, like I said it doesn't matter whether you add any or not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...